The cases I blog about ARE MY OPINION ONLY AND NO AFFILIATION BETWEEN MY OPINIONS AND THAT OF MY EMPLOYER OR ANY BODY ELSE. I CANNOT GIVE YOU ADVICE. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING HERE AS ADVICE. I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY.
The legal analysis and opinions offered on this blog are those of the author individually and are not reflective or indicative of the opinions and positions of the author’s employer. Nothing on this blog is to be construed as legal advice and is not meant to be so. If you have legal problems, please hire an attorney and consult with him/her. Please do not e-mail me with legal questions. If you would like to discuss a legal issue, that’s fine. I cannot give advice. Do not rely on anything written in this blog for legal advice. Everything written here is my own opinion. My opinion may be based on incorrect information although I try very hard to prevent that. If you disagree with any of my posts or opinions, please feel free to leave a comment. Intelligent discourse is always welcome.
When you submit a comment on this blog, you are required to provide your e-mail address. When you use the contact form to contact the authors of this blog, you are required to submit your e-mail address. Rest assured that we do not share your e-mail address with anyone.
However, if you submit a comment or a contact form that is insulting, threatening, harassing or otherwise insidious, appropriate action will be taken.
Comments are not automatically moderated, but the author of the blog reserves the right to edit the comments.
Comments that are abusive, offensive, contain profane or racist material or violate the terms of service for this blog’s host provider will be removed and the author(s) banned from future comments.
Name-calling, personal attacks, racist comments or use of profanity by any commenter, whether they are by persons who agree or disagree with the views expressed by the authors of this blog will not be tolerated and will result in the deletion of the comment and the banning of the commenter, without notice.
By submitting a comment, you agree never to sue, grieve, or complain to anyone about the use that I make of the letters you have typed.
Because comments come from users, we are not in a position to know what is accurate and what isn’t. Of course, when people contact us to dispute the accuracy of something on our site, we have no way of knowing who they are or whether they are telling the truth.
Consider these examples – Facebook does not fact-check the accuracy of every post from all of its 500+ million users. Amazon.com doesn’t verify the accuracy of all its user reviews, nor does Twitter confirm that every tweet is 100% true. Just like these sites, Lawsuits Reviewed cannot and does not investigate the accuracy of everything posted by our users. For any website that allows user-generated comments, investigating and verifying every posting would be economically and practically impossible, so the law (at least here in the United States) does not hold website operators responsible for the accuracy of material posted by a user.
The Communications Decency Act or “CDA”, 47 U.S.C. § 230. provides that when a user writes and posts material on an “interactive website” such as Lawsuits Reviewed, the site itself cannot, in most cases, be held legally responsible for the posted material. Specifically, 47 U.S.C. § 230(c)(1) states, “No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.”
- Reading and posting comments on this blog constitutes acknowledgement of and agreement to the terms outlined here. This comment policy may be revised in part or in full at any time.
- Nothing on this site should be construed as legal advice. This blog does not give legal advice.
- All comments must comport with applicable state and federal laws. This blog has no obligation to monitor, edit, censor, or take responsibility for comments. It may or may not act upon a violation of its comment policy once a suspected violation has been brought to its attention. Therefore, commenters are solely responsible for the content of their comments and should ensure that that their comments are lawful and fall within the stated guidelines of both this blog and its hosting company
- This blog is not responsible for injury or liability to any reader or commenter resulting from its own communications or those of commenters, that may be offensive, misleading, inaccurate, illegal, or otherwise unsuitable in the view of the reader. Readers and commenters further agree to indemnify and hold harmless this blog “Lawsuits Reviewed” from claims resulting from the use of any material appearing on this blog which damages the reader, commenter or any other party.
- This blog “Lawsuits Reviewed” is not responsible for and often disagrees with material posted in the comments section. This is an opinion site. The material posted by this blog or left in the comments section may or may not be accurate.
- Read and Post at your own risk.
We are NOT affiliated with any law firm or case reviewed on this site. We are NOT paid to review cases. Any links to outside websites exist because we find them useful in supporting the material AND WE DO NOT receive anything in return.